Combining a wide variety of cooking functions in one single appliance, the new NEXUS Steam range cooker from Rangemaster features a dedicated steam cavity, a first for the range cooking market. The freestanding design gives you the chance to combine convenience with healthy cooking, retaining nutrients, vitamins and flavour thanks to the innovative injection steam cavity. Steam is highly sought after in today’s modern, multifunction kitchens and with the new NEXUS Steam, users will also have the benefit of oven roasting, batch baking and rapid cooking in one appliance. It can also grill, griddle, boil and simmer and it even comes with a dedicated proving drawer for dough. The new steam oven cavity also includes a temperature controlled, rapid heat up grilling function to finish or brown food to perfection.
Providing everything a home cook could want from a single appliance, the Nexus Steam range cooker is a unique innovation for the range cooking market. As well as oven roasting, batch baking and rapid cooking, users benefit from a dedicated steam cavity that retains food’s vitamins, minerals, nutrients, texture and taste. It can also grill, griddle, boil and simmer and it even comes with a dedicated proving drawer. The new steam oven cavity also includes a temperature controlled, rapid heat up grilling function to finish or brown food to perfection.
- Versatility – steam is a great way to cook a vast array of foods from eggs to fish to meat to vegetables to puddings to cheesecakes
- Superior nutrient, texture and flavour retention of foods that are steamed
- Quicker than cooking on the hob or in the oven
- Effortless cooking – pop the food in, set the time, temperature then press play and relax while the steam cavity does the work
- Safe cooking – no need to juggle pans with boiling water
- Easy clean and dishwasher safe trays
- Sous-vide cooking
- Sterilise bottles en jars for preserving
- Cooking with steam is healthier - no fat or oil needed
- Enhanced flavour – gentle steaming retains the fresh natural taste of foods
- Moisture retention – food retains more moisture when steamed
- Colour – bring out the fresh vibrant natural colour of food as steam is a gentle cooking process
- Reheating dishes in the steam oven restores lost moisture, perfect for left overs
The large hob features 5 gas burners and a ceramic multizone cooking area with griddle. The gas burners vary in size providing ultimate flexibility:
- 1 small burner which is great for gentle simmering, a stove top espresso maker or a milk pan
- 2 medium burners for everyday cooking: boiling, frying or sautéing
- 1 large burner for rapid boiling, larger pans or for reducing
- 1 powerful multi-ring burner for wok cooking, casserole dishes or paella and maslin pan
The multizone located on the left of the hob offers several cooking options in one convenient place. The flat griddle offers non-stick cooking for a healthier finish to meat, fish, vegetables, eggs, pancakes, toasties or breakfast for example. Alternatively, remove the griddle, and utilise the two ceramic zones for additional cooking space.
Alternatively, if you prefer the option of am easy to clean, fast, responsive and incredibly controllable hob, the Nexus Steam is also available with our latest induction hob featuring:
- Three low temperature settings: The low temperature settings can be used to hold the cooking zones at pre-programmed temperatures for a period of two hours. If left untouched for two hours, the low zones using a temperature setting will automatically switch off to ensure safety. Here are some examples of what you can use the various settings for:
L1 44C: Melting butter or chocolate
L2 70C: Keep warm. Once you’ve prepared your food, switch the burner to L2 to keep the food warm.
L3 94C: The perfect simmer
- Bridging function that enables you to link two of the five cooking zones to create a bridging-zone that can be operated as one large cooking area suitable for a griddle, a large pan or a number of pans. The bridging-zone is activated using two rotary controls at the same time but, once activated, the temperature is adjusted using just one control.
- Griddle from durable and hard-wearing – but at the same time light-weight – cast aluminium with protective rubber feet to prevent damage to the glass hob during use.
- Power boost setting ‘P’: The ‘P’ function provides maximum power instantly. Power Boost allows additional power to be made available for each of the cooking zones. This is useful to quickly bring a large pan of water to the boil. The Power Boost function operates for a maximum of 10 minutes on each zone, after which the power is automatically reduced to setting 9.
- Large central cooking zone: The large central zone is ideal for larger pans such as woks, frying pans or maslin pans.
The digital touch control allows you to precisely control both the steam cavity and multifunction oven to within a single degree for ultimate precision. The steam cavity ranges from 40 C which is great for defrosting to full steam at 100 C, or, alternatively, around 57 C - 64 C for sous-vide cooking. The temperature of the multifunction oven ranges from 40 C - 260 C with the option to select every degree in between to help you prepare perfectly cooked food. For example, keep food hot at a safe 63 C or above, cook a loaf at 260 C for the first few minutes to achieve a perfect crust, slow cook at 105 C for tender meat or dry fruit at 80 C.
The glass fascia provides effortless style and is easy to clean. It is perfectly sealed to ensure no oil, crumbs or moisture can get behind the glass.
Operated via a rotary control on the fascia panel, the drawer is the perfect environment for proving dough (40C). Alternatively, it can be used to melt butter, rest meat or take the chill off plates. When not switched on the drawer can be used as a storage drawer for non-plastic kitchen accessories.
The large capacity multifunction oven offers eleven cooking functions to ensure your food is cooked to perfection. The eleven functions include rapid heat-up for when you are short on time, and three new range cooking functions: Duo, Delicate and Eco mode.
- Duo: an intense cooking function that uses the base heat with the fan and fanned element – perfect for one-step pastry dishes. There is no need to blind bake; simply add your filling to the raw pastry and cook. The perfect setting for pastries and open tarts, such as quiche.
- Delicate: a very gentle cooking function that uses the fan to circulate the heat from the base. It is great for foods requiring cooking at lower temperatures, for example meringues or crème brûlée.
- ECO: Energie saving, time-based function for foods requiring 45 minutes cooking or less. Especially suitable for ready prepared meals and non-yeast baked food like cookies and brownies.
And finally, the multifunction oven has an automatic pause function, which is activated when the oven door is open and restricts heat escaping.
The deluxe glide-out offers half- or full-width grilling and three heat settings low, medium and high. For even more flexibility the grill tray comes with a 4-way trivet allowing you to place the food to be grilled closer or further away from the grill elements. The touch safe handle combined with the telescopic runners make checking on food effortless and safe. Cleaning is easy, just pop the tray and the trivet in the dishwasher.
Suitable for both classic and contemporary kitchen designs, the Nexus Steam is available in two 110 cm models, one with our deluxe gas hob and one with our induction hob with bridging-zone. The Nexus Steam comes in Black, Slate, Stainless Steel and Ivory; all colours feature the distinctive sleek, black glass fascia panel and premium rotary controls. To learn more, please view the video.